Be a Coach or Assistant Coach
Warm-up your spirit fingers, lace up your sneakers and inspire a group of girls to be strong and healthy. Teams of volunteer coaches facilitate our easy to follow curriculum with groups of 8-15 girls over the course of 10 weeks.
Amidst the conversation, laughter, hugs and energy awards, you will witness transformational change in the girls and don’t be surprised if you realize that you are positively changing as well! The program may end in 10 weeks, but for our coaches and girls, the finish line is just the beginning. Ready to make a difference and encourage girls to realize their full potential?
The first step is signing up. Ready, Set, Coach.
Teenage Volunteer Opportunities
Teens ages 13-17 are encouraged to become Girls on the Run Junior Coaches who help the adult coaches with lessons, act as a mentor to the girls in the program, encourage and run/walk with the girls during practices. Teen volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of one day per week for the ten week session, but are welcome to participate more if able!
For their time with the program all Coaches receive:
- Documented Volunteer Time - looks great on those employment and college applications!
- Girls on the Run T-Shirts & snacks at each session
- Entry in the Season Ending GOTR 5K event
Volunteer Behind the Scenes
For potential volunteers who don't have time to commit to the program afterschool we have many other ways to get involved:
- Be a Site Liaison - Help start a GOTR program at your school or community location.
- Join our Advisory Board that also helps with the 5K planning
- Assist with program fundraising events
- Assist with preparation of Coaches Boxes and program materials
- Deliver program materials & snacks to program sites
Become a Running Buddy
Every season ends with the Girls on the Run 5K, running buddies help keep their buddy encouraged, on course and safe. Running buddies are matched to girls based on their abilities - runners & walkers of all speeds are needed. All running buddies must submit to a background check prior to being matched with a participant.
Girls on the Run is a Kansas Mentors Gold Star Program
Girls on the Run of Northeast Kansas is proud to be recognized as a Kansas Mentors Gold Star Program, through our participation in this program full-time employees in the Executive Branch of the State of Kansas to spend up to 90 minutes of regularly scheduled work time per two-week pay period mentoring with Girls on the Run of Northeast Kansas. Learn more.
How do I get started volunteering?
- Sign Up Online!
- Contact us for more information: email@example.com or (785) 233-1750
- Get ready to have the time of your life!