Announcing the 33rd Annual Women of Excellence Awards! This year’s event will take place on Wednesday, September 15, as a hybrid event including an honoree reception at The Beacon in downtown Topeka, followed by a live virtual program.
YWCA Northeast Kansas invites you, your organization, your firm, or your association to help make the 2021 Women of Excellence extra special by nominating a deserving honoree. Nominations are due July 2. Please consider the criteria listed below and think about the women you know whose work, volunteer contributions, and life makes a difference in our community. Thank you very much for taking the time to be a part of the 33rd Annual Women of Excellence Awards. We are proud to have honored over 700 women since the awards began in 1977.
In preparation for another incredible event, we invite you to read coverage from last year’s Women of Excellence Awards: Equal, Powerful, Unstoppable. This year, we are excited to honor women who have stood out in the past year as trailblazing leaders, women who have radically reimagined what it takes to succeed, what it means to build a stronger community, and how they can Ignite and Inspire us all toward a brighter future.
Who is a Woman of Excellence? Our honorees are women who:
– Exhibit leadership skills in their field of expertise.
– Act as a role model and/or mentor to other women and girls.
– Advocate for positive social change that helps close the leadership gap and creates a more equitable society.
– Demonstrate a commitment to the YWCA’s mission of eliminating racism and empowering women.
– Are respected within the community.
– Are dedicated to helping women and girls achieve their goals.
– Exhibit qualities of teamwork, integrity, and dedication.
– Reinforce policies, practices, attitudes, and/or actions that are intended to produce equitable outcomes for all.
– Give back to the community through their time, talent, and/or resources.
– Live, work, or volunteer in Northeast Kansas.
Submitting a Nomination
If you know a woman who fulfills one or more of these characteristics, you can start by reading these helpful tips and guidelines for creating a powerful and effective nomination.
Then, fill out the nomination form by Friday, July 2.
Feel free to share this Call for Nominations with your colleagues, friends, and community members!
For any further questions or details, please contact Allison Marker, Resource Development Director by email or 785-233-1750 x222.
For more information about the YWCA Women of Excellence, visit www.ywcaneks.org/woe.