Walk with survivors on their journey of hope and healing.
The YWCA Center for Safety and Empowerment (CSE), provides free and confidential services to victims of domestic and sexual violence, stalking, and human trafficking in Shawnee, Jackson, and Wabaunsee Counties in Kansas. We offer safety, support and prevention. Volunteers play a critical role in supporting survivors as they access different CSE services.
Examples of CSE Volunteer Roles
Center for Safety and Empowerment Front Desk Reception
Front desk volunteers assist CSE staff by:
- Answering phones monitoring the CSE lobby
- Helping with data entry and compilation
- Assisting, recording, and organizing in-kind donations
- Directly advancing the mission of the YWCA by compassionately and confidentially greeting and assisting survivors of domestic and sexual violence
Shifts are 4 hours, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. We can work with each volunteer’s availability.
Human Trafficking Day Center Volunteer
The YWCA Human Trafficking Day Center helps to address clients’ most basic needs, allowing us to provide a safe space to rest and take a shower, enjoy a warm meal, have access to clean clothes and support from our specialized staff and the community.
The Day Center Volunteer will:
- Provide emotional support to guests
- Assist with new client intake and orientation
- Answer phones
- Help keep the Day Center tidy and welcoming
The Human Trafficking Day Center is open Mondays 8am-12pm, Wednesdays and Fridays 12pm-5pm. Volunteer shifts are within those time frames. We request that you work the same shift at least once a week but we will work with your schedule.
Other volunteer opportunities are available in the domestic violence shelter, rural office in Holton, and pet foster program!
Does this sound like the perfect volunteer role for you?
CSE Volunteers work directly with clients. Advocate Training and background checks are required.
For more information on volunteering, contact Alex Williams, Volunteer Coordinator by email or by calling 785-233-1750.