YWCA Northeast Kansas is able to provide for the needs of the families we serve thanks to the generosity of our community.
All donated items should be new unless otherwise noted.
New items can be dropped off at our office 225 SW 12th Street, Topeka, or shipped directly (please call to notify us of an expected delivery, (785) 354-7927).
If you choose to use Amazon Prime, you can also choose to have a percentage of your purchase given to us as a monetary donation (at no cost to you or to us). Just order through smile.amazon.com and choose “Young Women’s Christian Association of Topeka, Kansas” as your charity to support. Thank you!
What Can I Donate?
Hygiene & Health
- Black women’s hair care products (please see dedicated tab for brands and product recommendations).
- Women’s shaving gel and razors
- Over-the-counter medicines
- Always UltraThin Maxi Pads
- Tampons – Regular
- Shampoo – Full Size
- Conditioner – Full Size
- Body Wash – Full Size
- Body Lotion – Full Size
- Hand Sanitizer
- Hair Brush/Comb
- $25 restaurant gift cards
Clients oftentimes request hair care products specifically for black hair textures. These tend to be some of our most requested items.
- Maui Moisture Curl Quench + Coconut Oil Curl Smoothie
- Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Conditioner
- Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Hydrating Cream Conditioner
- Taliah Waajid Curls, Waves and Naturals Curl Sealer
- Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Treatment Masque
- Cantu Shea Butter For Natural Hair Moisturizing Twist & Lock Gel
- SheaMoisture Leave-in or Rinse-out Conditioner (with Red Palm Oil & Cocoa Butter + Flaxseed Oil)
- Camille Rose Naturals Curl Love Moisture Milk
- TCB Naturals Hair & Scalp Conditioner
- Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Conditioner
- Wild Growth Hair Oil
- SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Conditioner
- Pura d’Or Castor Oil 100% Pure Natural USDA Organic Carrier Oil
- Shower caps
The Early Learning Center (ELC) provides high quality, affordable childcare services for children 1 year old (and walking) to Pre-Kindergarten. Many of our families receive public assistance, and approximately one-third of our ELC children are in foster or kinship care. Our licensed staff follow the “Love and Logic” method, developing children’s sense of positive decision-making, empathy, and healthy relationships. To learn more, please visit our Youth Services page, or our article Could our Early Learning Center Save the Universe?
Double Stroller or Wagon for walks
Tea party dishes
Dress-up and make-believe clothing
Children’s Garden Equipment
Children’s clothes boy and girls starting from size 18 months to size 5T
Outdoor picnic tables
Mats and or Cots
- Trash bags
- Twin sheets and blankets (new or gently used)
- Bath towels and washcloths (new or gently used)
- Pillows and pillowcases (new or gently used)
- Plastic cups, sippy cups and bowls (dishwasher safe)
- Cleaning supplies
- Zip–lock bags
- Toilet paper
- Laundry detergent
- Clear, plastic storage tubs with lids
- Paper towels
- Furniture is needed on a case-by-case basis. Call the office for more information, 785-354-7927.
- Non-perishable food, especially items with protein
- Kid’s snacks (fruit snacks, juice boxes, crackers, etc.)
- Bottled water
- Fun-size candy (for public education)
- Diapers, especially larger sizes
- School supplies
- Coloring books
- Play Dough or modeling clay
- Children’s and teen’s backpacks (new or gently used)
- Passes or gift certificates for activities (mini golf, movies, etc)
- Baby wash
Please note: our limited storage space only allows us to accept NEW women’s and children’s clothing. Used clothing cannot be accepted at this time.
- Sweatpants: need sizes S,M,L, XL, XXL
- Hoodie sweatshirts: need sizes S,M,L, XL, XXL
- Cotton Tee Shirts: need sizes S, M, L, XL, XXL
- Tank Tops: need sizes S,M,L, XL, XXL
- Athletic Socks (low cut) – multipack
- Sport bras: need sizes S,M,L, XL, XXL
- Hanes 6 Pack Cotton Underwear: need sizes S,M,L, XL, XXL
- Women’s leggings: need sizes S,M,L, XL, XXL
- Flip flops: need sizes S,M,L
- Winter coats: need sizes S,M,L, XL, XXL
- Hats, gloves and scarves
- Topeka Transit Bus Tickets
- Gas vouchers
- Phone cards
- Office supplies
- Gift Cards (Wal-Mart, Target, Walgreens, Dillon’s, Office supply stores)
- Duffel Bags – Preferably a 20-inch bag
- Fleece Blanket