Welcome to the first stop for all visitors to YWCA Northeast Kansas!
Our front desk and administrative volunteers embody our mission of eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all. As the first person that visitors see when they walk through our front doors, these volunteers set the tone for our space to be welcoming, safe, and supportive.
A Front Desk Reception volunteer will greet:
Families dropping off and picking up children in our Early Learning Center
- Clients who need to feel seen, heard, respected, and safe as we direct them to our services
- Donors giving generously to lift up women and families in our community
- Community groups who meet in our building’s conference rooms
- Government and community leaders who partner with YWCA working towards a better future for the Topeka area
This volunteer will gain or practice great administration skills:
- Take phone calls or in person visits; direct each to the correct provider of services
- Maintain a calm, confident, and compassionate presence
- Enable our advocates, childcare, and administrative staff by maintaining orderly workflow and setting a tone of compassionate professionalism within our clients’ first contact with the YWCA
Shifts are a minimum of 2 hours within the hours of 9-5:30, M-F. Some training required.
Does this sound like the perfect volunteer role for you?
For more information on volunteering, contact Alex Williams, Volunteer Coordinator by email or by calling 785-233-1750.